Digital marketer and data analysis enthusiast, @smckc Secretary/Treasurer, and Kansas City lover. My professional goals are to: 1) Change Kansas City by using social media and the power of well-informed, active communities and 2) Change the way the marketing industry works by focusing on:client/customer services, testing products, and proliferating the practice of data analysis.
Marketing Specialist for Membership and Community, Society of Teachers of Family Medicine; Leawood, Kansas — 2011-Current
Implement projects and tasks in membership and marketing strategies and continue to provide fresh ideas for targeted marketing and member service.
What I Do Everyday
- Market research and membership data analysis
- Content creation and curation for web, social, email, and print
- Build relationships with current and prospective members online and in person, and advocate for members in internal decisions
Notable Things I’ve Done So Far
- Advocated for and assisted in the company rebranding
- Implement internal technology changes that resulted in saving over $800/year in the marketing budget
- Added live social elements for members at our conferences and large events
- Introduced data analysis into marketing campaigns
Secretary and Treasurer, Social Media Club of Kansas City; Kansas City — 2010-Current
Manage finances, legal records and various board tasks oat one of the largest and most active Social Media Clubs in the world.
- Oversee and manage finances for a 501c3 organization, including donations, expenditures and membership fees
- Create legal bylaws and maintain current legal status
- Assist the president in board assignments
- Act as a liaison and advocate for SMCKC for all Social Media Club international executive tasks and actions
Administrative Assistant, Digital Evolution Group; Overland Park, Kansas — 2010-2011
Represent my company at local social media events and begin my career in digital marketing. Manage executive and corporate agendas, travel, event planning and client interactions and general ofﬁce duties; assist in social media consultancy, research, HR, bookkeeping and content entry.
- Increased efﬁciency of an exec by streamlining & managing the executive’s agenda
- Quickly developed a HR process for small company growing exponentially
- Executed corporate events with audiences of 50 to 150+
- Represent my company at 3 local social media organizations
Campus Staff Minister, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship — 2009–2010
Represented an international organization and created and maintained relationships with administration, faculty and students at a large university. Worked in a team startup environment and communicated the organization vision to sponsors, administration and students.
- Raised $16,000 in funds for the nonproﬁt in 4 months
- Mentored 4 students into student leaders
Moderator, Event Planner; #Collegejourn — 2009
Moderated weekly international journalism student discussions and planned an international online event for journalists, journalism students and their professors.
- Co-planned and co-moderated an international college journalism online event
Assistant to Online Sales Director, Think Safe, Inc; Hiawatha, Iowa — 2008-2009
Created and maintained online presence and facilitated online buys and sponsorships at a booming startup. Researched and published blog posts and tweets and connected to thought leaders in our ﬁeld.
- Created relationships with the thought leaders in the medical ﬁeld & opened awareness to the brand
- Provided a large sales opportunity to an international aid organization of 10,000+ products